Material Handler (night shift)
Reference Number :
Job status :
Part time, full availability
Job Category :
Shipping / Receiving
Number of positions available :
The responsibilities of the Material Handler are:
• Distribute and unpack all the merchandise received during the day;
• Ensure that merchandise is placed in proper department, count goods, stock shelves, install signage, and top surplus merchandise with concern for safety;
• Identify products, pay particular attention to presentation of products and rotate material;
• Prepare merchandise for delivery & load good on delivery truck using appropriate equipment;
• Handle merchandise with care & replace damaged goods;
• Drive a forklift in accordance with the procedures and policies of the organization
• Make daily maintenance on lifts and maintain maintenance records;
• Make sure department is in order at the end of the shift;
• Play an active role in the prevention of accidents related to operations and material handling;
• Comply with policies and procedures regarding loss prevention and breakage of goods;
• Perform other duties as requested by the supervisor.
Do you like physical work and would enjoy working out for free? Do you have manual dexterity and accuracy skills in your work? You have what it takes to be in our team!
• You must have a valid class 5 driver’s licence.
• You must have experience with merchandise handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet trucks and hand trucks.
Work conditions :
Up to 30 hours a week. You need to be available from 9:30pm to 6:30 am.